Kaicycle Workshop: Composting 101
5 Hospital Rd, Newtown, Wellington | Saturday 6 May, 9am – 12.30pm
Join Kaicycle for their hands-on workshop on all things compost!
- what Kaicycle are aiming for in the Wellington region
- compost ingredients and carbon: nitrogen ratios
- what NOT to compost
- how to structure a stable, ventilated pile
- compost maintenance: monitoring moisture & temperature levels
- static, no-turn vs turned piles
- how to use microbes to speed up the process
What to bring
- dress for the weather (warm clothes, raincoat, gumboots, sunhat etc). The event will go ahead no matter the weather!
- notepaper and pen if that is helpful for you
- sample of your own compost if you have any
Regular tickets cost $75. If cost is a barrier, Kaicycle are offering some $50 and $25 reduced tickets. Please consider the ‘pay it forward’ ticket option if you can to help them to continue offering reduced tickets.
For all enquiries, email Phoebe, community manager:
Visit their website here to buy your ticket: https://kaicycle.org.nz/composting-101