Celebrate 80 years with us! Our latest issue is full of features, interviews, and recipes, from good mood food; how vital nutrition is for mental health, to an in-depth look at home-compostable packaging. Check out highlights of the upcoming Organic Week, including the Organic NZ Awards and read our cover story on Dominique Schacherer of Streamside Organics!
What’s inside the September/October 2021 issue:
- Compostable packaging: How far have we come?
- Empowering beginner gardeners
- Quinoa: growing experiences and gluten-free recipes
- Maramataka for Maharu and Whiringa-ā-nuku
See the full contents list below!
Organic NZ September/October 2021
- Organic Week: Highlights of this nationwide celebration, including the Organic NZ Awards
- Compostable packaging: How far have we come? Niki Morrell unpacks the issues.
- 50 years of fertile ground: Ken Dowie talks with long-time Soil & Health members Dave and Gillian Woods
- Homemade compost: Tips for making good compost, by Ellen Lewis
- Empowering beginner gardeners: Lily White and Ami Kennedy tell their story to Philippa Jamieson
- Spring into the garden: Tips and tasks for the September-October māra, by Diana Noonan
- Captivated by quinoa: Diana Noonan’s growing experiences and gluten-free recipes
- Maramataka for Maharu and Whiringa-ā-nuku: September and October, by Liliana Clarke
Health and food
- Good mood food: Professor Julia Rucklidge tells Jodie Bruning how vital nutrition is for mental health, and shares some recipes
- Sweet spice: Theresa Sjöquist profiles Heilala Vanilla
Farming and horticulture
- Grow with the flow: Anne Gastinger meets self-taught market gardeners Dominique Schacherer and Logan Kerr of Streamside Organics
- Remedies for residues: Dr Tim Jenkins looks at pesticide residues in soil
Building and technology
- Recipe for an eco kitchen: Theresa Sjöquist talks with craftsman cabinetmaker Roland Zander
- Editorial; Letters; Competitions; Book reviews; Things we like; News; Soil & Health events and contacts; What’s on; Soil & Health news