Welcome to our winter issue! Sit yourself down with a cuppa and enjoy. There’s plenty to digest, with a focus on gut health and nutrition. Christine Dann gives an overview of ecological eating via the latest books about how our food affects our microbiome and our health. Dietary fibre is not all it’s cracked up to be, writes Kyra Xavia. Planning a child? Bridget Scully has some tips for a nutrient-dense diet to produce a healthy child.
· Profile of our patron, Bob Crowder – a man ahead of his time
· Winter gardening projects, including taking cuttings
· Natural approaches to autoimmune diseases
· Keeping pre-diabetes and high blood pressure at bay – Keith’s story
· Raising meat with compassion