Organic NZ looks at the state of the (organic) nation. What sectors are growing, which aren’t — and why? What does it mean for consumers and producers? Plus, what you can do at a community and household level to grow organics in New Zealand. Our writers offer advice on community sharing tables, on helping more people grow their own food and how to make organic food more affordable through forming co-ops and bulk buying.
• We visit Permadynamics, an extraordinary sub-tropical permaculture property created on steep hillsides and hard clay
• Sustainable fashion choices
• Make your own coconut yoghurt (and kawakawa salve!)
• Growing corn, including heritage varieties to try (and where to find seed)
• The rise of cohousing
• Alternatives to treated timber